autoconf on Solaris 8

From: ti chi
Subject: autoconf on Solaris 8
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:32:59 -0800 (PST)

I ran autoconf on Solaris 8 with the AC_CHECK_FUNCS(... hstrerror ...) and it says that hstrerror is not supported.  So then, I defined an hstrerror structure but then the compiler complains "netdb.h: previous declaration of hstrerror"

Seems that autoconf is returning a false negative on Solaris 8 - what steps can I take to further isolate this issue?

 - Ti

Do you Yahoo!?