Re: multiple po/ directories

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: multiple po/ directories
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 21:35:15 +0100 (CET)

> I'm not found gettext related mail list...

Try "gettext --help | tail -1".

> I whould like to make them international (using gettext), but they
> should have different domains (i.e. translated messages files):
> tool_1.mo and tool_2.mo.  But after reading manuals I'm still don't
> understand how to do that...  gettextize put files into
> $(top_srcdir)/admin, $(top_srcdir)/intl and $(top_srcdir)/po
> directories. How to tell him that I have tool_1/po and tool_2/po
> too???

gettext's autoconf macros and Makefile.in.in work perfectly fine in a
package with multiple "po" directories; you can call them differently,
like "tool_1/po" and "tool_2/po", or "po_1" and "second_po".

Only gettextize, as a convenience tool, supports only the standard
case of one po/ directory. This means that you will probably want to
run gettextize so that it creates/updates one po directory, and then
do the second one by hand.

Take care of the 'subdir' variable in the Makevars files.

Bruno