Re: caching

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: caching
Date: 31 Oct 2002 08:28:01 +0100

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Seefeld <address@hidden> writes:

Stefan> hi there, I'm in the situation where I run the macro

Stefan> AC_PATH_PROG with a program 'foo-config' and a given path, and
Stefan> then, if that failes, I call it again (after some other
Stefan> processing) with a different path.

Stefan> autoconf will silently skip the second test as it has the
Stefan> result of the first still in the cache. Is there a way to
Stefan> erase the cached value ? or do I need to avoid reusing the
Stefan> same variable ?

If I read you correctly, you are hard coding a change of path in
configure.ac.  Don't do that.  Set it before running configure, and
things will run properly.