Re: Build problems for m4 target with make distcheck

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Build problems for m4 target with make distcheck
Date: 30 Sep 2002 20:59:47 -0600

>>>>> "Stephen" == Stephen Torri <address@hidden> writes:

Stephen> When I can configure and compile a project that I am working
Stephen> on the automake and autoconf files. When I run "make -j4" it
Stephen> works fine. But when I try to do "make distcheck" I get back:

Stephen> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `m4//_xine.m4', needed by
Stephen> `../aclocal.m4'.  Stop.

`distcheck' will unpack your new tarball and try to configure and
build it.  Look in the unpacked directory.  Is the `m4' subdirectory
there?

If not, did you perhaps forget `SUBDIRS = m4'?

That's the first thing that comes to mind.
After that, I don't have an idea.  More information would be
required.  For instance if you could construct a simple test case,
that would help...

Tom