Re: MinGW GLib

From: Bernd Jendrissek
Subject: Re: MinGW GLib
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:48:40 +0200

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 05:19:28PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> [...]
[snip]
> Soren> Nothing about the GNU documentation for Autotools claims that
> Soren> you *have to* use Automake at all. In principle it is perfectly
> Soren> possible to use Autoconf, and even Libtool, without using
> Soren> Automake.
>
> Not only in principle.  Many packages exist which do this.  Emacs.
> gcc.  gdb.  binutils.  Etc.

And last time I wrote My Very Own (tm) spec file for binutils, I had to do
the %install step like this:

make prefix=${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}%{_prefix} \
     tooldir=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix} \
     infodir=${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}%{_infodir} \
     mandir=${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}%{_mandir} \
     install install-info

Personally, I prefer "make DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install" anytime.

(I think binutils might understand DESTDIR now.)

bernd

--
address@hidden is probably better to bookmark than any
employer-specific email address I may have appearing in the headers.