Re: set owner/group on FreeBSD

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: set owner/group on FreeBSD
Date: 24 Sep 2002 13:45:24 +0200

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

Paul> Can some one remind me why "configure"'s temporary directory is
Paul> in /tmp (or $TMPDIR) rather than in the current directory?  If
Paul> we put the temporary directory in "." then this problem would go
Paul> away.

That's exactly what I was about to ask!  I fail to see any good
reason.  As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure we need a tmp dir at all.