Re: Re: Compilation of GIMP under window32

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: Re: Compilation of GIMP under window32
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 02:28:49 -0700 (PDT)

Excuse for the cross post,
I have posted this to the following lists :
1. autoconf, the maintainer of the macros.
2. gnuwin32-devel where I have the source code from
3. address@hidden because it is related to a common
problem.

If this is not good manners, please tell me,
I wont crosspost anymore.

It seems that one problem is an assumption in
the acspecfic.m4 : The autoconf does not seem to be setup to handle
mingw. Mingw does not have a sys/param.h.

The sources  /usr/autotool/stable/share/autoconf/acspecific.m4 line
1048  say :
/* Assume that all systems that can run configure have sys/param.h.  */

Funny, they say "Assumtions can make an ASS out of U and ME".

This was in the configure script :
/* Assume that all systems that can run configure have sys/param.h.  */
# ifndef HAVE_SYS_PARAM_H
#  define HAVE_SYS_PARAM_H 1
# endif

You have to remove that define to get rid of the param.h problem.
More fixes to follow.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont