Re: loop in 2.53-generated configure on nextstep

From: David Arnold
Subject: Re: loop in 2.53-generated configure on nextstep
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:58:53 +1000

-->"Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

  davida> would it be reasonable to display some output during the
  davida> initial steps indicating that the script is working as
  davida> expected?

  Akim> Not really.  On a regular machine, it is much faster.  Try
  Akim> installing a more modern shell, say Bash.  You may hope for
  Akim> faster results.

yeah, fair enough.

if i get bored, i'll dig deeper into the source of the delay -- the
difference between 2.13-generated scripts and 2.53-generated scripts
seems to be many orders of magnitude, which to my mind could indicate
a problem, but they run fast enough on my 1GHz desktop, so i take your
point :-)

thanks,