Re: Contents of <confdefs.h> for C++

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Contents of <confdefs.h> for C++
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 23:33:59 -0700 (PDT)

> From: "Walter E. Brown" <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 16:15:34 -0500

> I am merely trying to point out that the status quo causes
> significant difficulties,

Sorry, I don't see the significant difficulties.  We're not talking
about your main software; we're just talking about little
test-programs.  You are the first C++ programmer (of many) to complain
about this, so the problems do not occur with all C++ test-program
styles, just some styles.

No doubt Autoconf could be improved to support the style you prefer.
The best way for you to ensure that this happens is for you to submit
well-thought-out patches to Autoconf.