Re: GZIPing docs

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: GZIPing docs
Date: 05 Jul 2002 16:52:58 -0600

>>>>> "John" == John Poltorak <address@hidden> writes:

John> I had a look at a Slackware build script, and found the gzip'ing
John> done there, but it seems to be a natural extension to 'make
John> install'...

John> Wonder if there is any way to incorporate it.

I wouldn't mind an automake patch to do this.
Is there a tradeoff?  Does it make sense to just always gzip the
installed info pages?  How much size difference does it make for a
typical system?

Tom