Re: configure problem on HP-UX 11

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: configure problem on HP-UX 11
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:48:35 -0600

> and since the test doesn't work properly, it's likely that it could
> be improved.

The original poster reported that the test failed with the HP native
ANSI C compiler version B.11.11.04.  I tested this on my system which
has B.11.11.02, only slightly different, and the supplied configure
test worked fine for me.  I don't have the patch to go from .02 to .04
or I would apply it and check on the same system that the original
poster was running.  If I can locate an identical system I will try to
test and recreate the problem.

The check seems okay.  I am suspicious that something has been broken
on a specific particular system and not in general.

It would be useful to have specific test cases to run so that details
of the problem could be revealed.

Bob