Re: cache directory is not removed

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: cache directory is not removed
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 20:47:27 +0200

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 11:43:36AM -0400, Sam Steingold wrote:
> now I will need to exclude the cache directory name, which includes
> the autoconf version number, i.e., I will have to change my `make dist`
> after every autoconf release.

I think it's a bug that you get a cache directory with the Autoconf
version included.  It make no sense to version this directory.
It should be named `autom4te.cache' everywhere, precisely so that
it can be removed easily.

> > Sam> this is a major inconvenience.
> >
> > Sam> adding a --remove-cache option
> >
> > To who?  Automake + autoconf + autoheader + autoscan + autoreconf +
> > autom4te + autoupdate ?

This option is already supported by all these tools.
It's spelled `; rm -rf autom4te.cache'.

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz