Re: autoconf generates buggy configure

From: Charles Wilson
Subject: Re: autoconf generates buggy configure
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:31:11 -0400

In case it wasn't clear, of the four snippets I posted, two of them contain (now!) obvious errors, exactly as you predicted, Akim. I didn't clean them up in my earlier message; I posted them so the world could marvel at my ignorance. :-)

These were:

> AC_SEARCH_LIBS(getspnam, sec gen,
>   AC_DEFINE([HAVE_GETSPNAM],1,
>   [Define if you have the getspnam function.])

needs a closing ')'

> AC_CHECK_FUNC(gethostname, :, AC_LIBOBJ([hostname])

and this one.

However, I don't see an obvious problem with the AC_ARG_ENABLE(client,...) invocation, nor with the WITH_GDBM definition. (other than the use of AC_HELP_STRING). However, since the AC_ARG_ENABLE(client...) macro came immediately after the above AC_CHECK_FUNC(gethostname....), it's possible that the error cascaded.

The good news is, after fixing the above problems and removing references to AC_HELP_STRING, many -- but not all -- of the problems I described went away. Thanks, Akim.

(Still having difficulties with the expansion of the WITH_GDBM macro...I'll keep looking, but if anybody sees an "obvious" problem, please shout out...)

--Chuck