Re: Appending to config.log

From: Mark D. Roth
Subject: Re: Appending to config.log
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 09:15:23 -0500

On Fri May 17 09:55 2002 -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> ==> "mdr" == Mark D Roth <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     mdr> To address this problem, I'd like to see the following two
>     mdr> macros added to autoconf:
>
>     mdr> AC_LOG(TEXT) ------------ Append TEXT to config.log.
>
> AC_DEFUN([AC_LOG],[dnl
> echo "$1" 1>&5
> ])dnl

Do we know that file descriptor 5 will always be sent to config.log?
That's not documented anywhere, so I don't know that we can count on
it.  I think what really need here is a documented macro supplied by
autoconf that allows us to use the appropriate file descriptor, no
matter what it is.

I'll throw together a patch for this and mail it to the list when I
have a chance.

--
Mark D. Roth <address@hidden>
http://www.feep.net/~roth/