Re: Patch: gcc-3.0.4 workaround for AS_SPARC64_FLAG/autoconf-2.53

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: Patch: gcc-3.0.4 workaround for AS_SPARC64_FLAG/autoconf-2.53
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 12:47:34 -0400

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 09:33:32AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:

> Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen projects using macros that start
> with AC_ (orbit has one, I think).  Maybe they do this for macros
> they want to propose for inclusion in autoconf.  Will autoconf
> choke on these, too?

to be consistent, it should.  A quick check with autoconf 2.52 doesn't
show it warning about that sort of thing (perhaps 2.53 changed the
behavior).

> (I wonder how to find all of these... I suppose searching through
> the debian source tree and bsd port system for all instances of
> AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED might be a good start...)

AC_DEFUN is a more apt starting point.

But it's also possible to use 'define' (at least it was, though not sanctioned,
in 2.13 - 2.5x tinkers with the predefined symbols of m4 to make it harder
to do things of that nature).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net