RE: Configure/make files for cross compilers

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: RE: Configure/make files for cross compilers
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:48:50 -0800

Yep.  Here's what I do to build my 'linux distribution'.
I have an outer autoconf configure that figures out the location
of compilers and flags needed to cross-compile; it configures
one little wrapper Makefile for each third-party package.
Here's the wrapper Makefile.in I use to build betaftpd (a third-party
package that uses autoconf).  Check out how I invoke its configure.
- Dan

NAME=betaftpd-0.0.8pre17
address@hidden@/fsimg/bin
address@hidden@gcc CFLAGS="@IXIA_TARGET_CFLAGS@"
ac_cv_func_mmap_fixed_mapped=yes

all: @IXIA_K_ARCH@/betaftpd

install: $(DEST)/betaftpd

uninstall:
        rm -f $(DEST)/betaftpd

clean:
        rm -rf $(NAME) @IXIA_K_ARCH@

@IXIA_K_ARCH@/betaftpd: @IXIA_TARBALLS@/$(NAME).tar.gz
        tar -xzvf  @IXIA_TARBALLS@/$(NAME).tar.gz
        patch -p0 < roothack.patch
        mkdir @IXIA_K_ARCH@
        cd @IXIA_K_ARCH@; $(ACENV) ../$(NAME)/configure --enable-upload;
make

$(DEST)/betaftpd: @IXIA_K_ARCH@/betaftpd
        if test -f $(DEST)/betaftpd ; then chmod +w $(DEST)/betaftpd ; fi
        cp @IXIA_K_ARCH@/betaftpd $(DEST)/betaftpd