Autom4te cache doesn't record m4_include information

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Autom4te cache doesn't record m4_include information
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:40:57 -0500 (EST)

I have a package that contains a configure.in and several config/*.m4. The
aclocal.m4 has a bunch of m4_include statements that include the *.m4
files.

Whenever I fiddle around in any of the *.m4 and rerun autoconf, nothing
happens.  That's because autoconf thinks it has the result "cached".

Somehow autom4te should make sure it saves the timestamps(?) of all the
files that went into creating configure.

It would also be nice if there was a way to turn off that cache, because
after all, why would I be rerunning autoconf if I hadn't changed anything?
It's just taking up half a meg of disk space.

--
Peter Eisentraut   address@hidden