RE: --build and --host

From: Bernard Dautrevaux
Subject: RE: --build and --host
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:40:22 +0100

<skipped>

> > So, we really just wanted to know which is the truth?
>
> None and all of this is true :).
>
> The only thing that currently can be relied upon is
> * --host=TARGET --build=TARGET to mean native building
> * --build alone also meaning native building.

Here, and I'm also quite a bit used to cross-compilation, I always start
configure through a script that guess itself if I am cross-compiling or
native-compiling. In the former case i pass "--build=BUILD --host=HOST",
with BUILD != HOST; in the latter I only pass --build=BUILD (to be sure of
the build_alias).

After quite time trying to understand how scripts worked it appears to be
quite a safe setting.

HTH

        Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux