saving AC development strength

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: saving AC development strength
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:41:44 -0800

> Save your strength for other tasks, ...

Like the book, for example?  I need to get some
more of my stuff checked in....but still, given
that AC_DIVERSION_INIT had a public name, it would
have been polite to deprecate before destroying it...

Also, I do think http://autogen.sf.net/conftest.html
is a little more interesting.  I think something of
that nature is the right way to get people started
figuring out how to construct properly formed AC
macros.  I hated it when I first was confronted with
the issue.  Now, I only dislike it.  I'll grant you
this page is not helpful for sophisticated issues,
but I'll bet it covers 99% of what people really
need to do...I would like to see a link to that
page (or a variation of it) show up on the autoconf
home page.

Cheers,
        Bruce
--