AC_DIVERSION_INIT and autoconf 2.52

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: AC_DIVERSION_INIT and autoconf 2.52
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:55:31 -0500

hi there,

I'm trying to upgrade from autoconf 2.13 to 2.52,
and I run into quite some trouble.

It appears some macros have just gone, without any
notice on how to adapt the code. I happen to rely on
AC_DIVERSION_INIT etc. to place some stuff correctly
within the output stream.
I can't find any discussion explaining what to replace
that with, given that these numbers don't exist any more.

Should I have guessed that they were never meant to be
used outside autoconf ?

Any help is highly appreciated !

Regards,
                Stefan

PS: Another thing which I find highly confusing is that aclocal
is shipped with automake, not autoconf.
I'm using autoconf, not automake, and I have a whole lot of
macros such that I use aclocal to extract the used ones from a
macro repository. What does this have to do with automake ?