Re: Errors after upgrate libtool autoconf and automake

From: Toni Moreno Giménez
Subject: Re: Errors after upgrate libtool autoconf and automake
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 11:02:13 +0100

> I have never  notice how libtool and gcc works both together. But
> I can see some suspicious thing. (I unknown the library linking process in
> gcc , and perhaps this is not an error )
>
> see :
>
> gcc -shared  gsamod.lo  ......  -L/usr/lib
> /usr/lib/libgmodule.so/usr/lib/libgthread.so /usr/lib/libglib.so ....
>
> I use always:
>
> gcc   gsamod.lo .... -L/usr/lib -lgmodule -lghthread -lglib ....

I have notice only  uses -lfoo in  CFLAGS  defined libs,  but I'm linking
using  libgsamod_la_LIBADD = $(GLIB_LIBS)

See My Makefile.am

libgsamod_la_SOURCES =  gsamod.c gsamod.h \
                        gsamodnodesync.c gsamodnodesync.h \
                        gsamodnode.c gsamodnode.h \
                        gsamodline.c gsamodline.h \
                        gsamodmasterline.c gsamodmasterline.h \
                        gsamodwaveplayer.c gsamodwaveplayer.h

libgsamod_la_LDFLAGS =  -version-info
$(LT_CURRENT):$(LT_REVISION):$(LT_AGE) \
                        -release $(LT_RELEASE) \
                        -export-dynamic

libgsamod_la_LIBADD = $(GLIB_LIBS)

pkginclude_HEADERS =    gsamod.h \
                        gsamodnode.h \
                        gsamodnodesync.h \
                        gsamodline.h    \
                        gsamodmasterline.h \
                        gsamodwaveplayer.h

Should I include GLIB_LIBS in my CFLAGS  on configure time ?

I preffer include it when needed.

--
Toni Moreno Giménez