Re: needs help

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: needs help
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 17:13:22 -0600

Toni:

Your testers don't need aclocal, autoconf, or automake installed unless
they are making changes to Makefile.am or configure.ac.  Once you
generate "configure" that's all they need.  If someone else's Makefile
is running these tools, take it out, it's just plain wrong.
  The idea of Autoconf is that it creates a portable shell script
"configure" that does all the work.  Nothing but the bourne shell
is required to generate the Makefiles.

Robert

--
Robert Boehne             Software Engineer
Ricardo Software   Chicago Technical Center