libtoolize's updatemsg

From: Takahiko_Kawasaki
Subject: libtoolize's updatemsg
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:14:36 +0900

Sorry if the following phenomenon is not a problem.

  I executed 'libtoolize' and got a message like this:

     You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.

  But I could not find out the reason why I had received this
message, so I read the content of 'libtoolize' shell script,
and could locate the line which echos '"You should $updatemsg."'
(line number:231).

  To avoid receiving the message, I have to pass a condition
on line 207:

     if egrep '^AC_DEFUN\(A[MC]_PROG_LIBTOOL' aclocal.m4 >/dev/null 2>&1;
then

  However, after reading `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4',
I noticed that I would never pass the condition unless I change
the line 207 like this:

     if egrep '^AC_DEFUN\(\[A[MC]_PROG_LIBTOOL' aclocal.m4 >/dev/null 2>&1;
then
                          ^^

  I just installed

     autoconf-2.52,
     automake-1.5 and
     libtool-1.4.2

today.  Please tell me whether I can simply ignore the update
message or not.

Thank you,

Takahiko KAWASAKI
     address@hidden