--without-included-gettext

From: John Poltorak
Subject: --without-included-gettext
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:18:37 +0000

Is there a standard format for specifying that an included INTL sub
directory should not be used if one is included?

I'm trying to build the GNU Shar utils which include an old version of
gettext, which I want to ignore, but running:-

./configure --help

only provides these options:-

Features and packages:
  --disable-FEATURE       do not include FEATURE (same as --enable-FEATURE=no)
  --enable-FEATURE[=ARG]  include FEATURE [ARG=yes]
  --with-PACKAGE[=ARG]    use PACKAGE [ARG=yes]
  --without-PACKAGE       do not use PACKAGE (same as --with-PACKAGE=no)
  --x-includes=DIR        X include files are in DIR
  --x-libraries=DIR       X library files are in DIR
--enable and --with options recognized:
  --disable-uucode        disable installation of uuencode and uudecode
  --disable-nls           do not use Native Language Support
  --with-gnu-gettext      use the GNU gettext library
  --with-dmalloc          use dmalloc, as in dmalloc.tar.gz from
                          @/ftp.antaire.com:antaire/src/dmalloc.

How do I specify the equivalent of --without-included-gettext ?

I guess it must be something in configure.in which enables such an option,
but what is it?

--
John