Re: AC_PROG_YACC question

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_YACC question
Date: 08 Oct 2001 11:59:36 +0200

> As I pointed in a previous post, it is however set in m4/missing.m4 in
> autoconf 2.52 source tree, so it should be possible to use it with plain
> autoconf I suppose. missing.m4 also defines AM_MISSING_PROG. I agree though
> that the names of these macros sound very automakeish :)

Yes, autoconf's configure wants recent versions of the automake macros,
so it includes its own copies (usually copied straight from CVS
automake), which are included from a manually maintained aclocal.m4.
This only imports them for use in _autoconf's_ configure script
though,not in all configure scripts generated by autoconf.  Only macros
from lib/autoconf/*.m4 are included in standard autoconf.
Basically, you should not be looking for available macros in the source
tree, but in the installed tree ($prefix/share/autoconf/) to be precise.