Re: AC_PROG_CXX warning

From: Ted Irons
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_CXX warning
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:59:32 -0700

> >    warning: AC_PROG_CXX(CC g++ gcc) is m4_require'd but is not m4_defun'd
> As the documentation clearly states, AC_REQUIRE expects a macro NAME;
> that macro will then be called _without arguments_ if it has not already
> been called.

I feel embarassed about not checking the documentation.

> So you want 'AC_REQUIRE([AC_PROG_CXX])'; in order to look only for
> certain compilers, simply place the 'AC_PROG_CXX(CC g++ gcc)' call
> before the AC_REQUIRE'ing macro in configure.ac.

The problem is that I'm not sure that  the proper AC_PROG_CXX(CC g++ gcc)
will be called from configure.ac.  The AC_REQUIRE'ing macro is being
used in a developer environment (with developers that are just  learning to use
autoconf).

Thanks,
- Ted