Re: AC_PROG_CXX warning

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_CXX warning
Date: 17 Sep 2001 08:14:45 +0200

On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 03:06, Ted Irons wrote:
> In configure.in, I have 2 calls to AC_PROG_CXX with the
> 2nd  call being an argument to AC_REQUIRE.  I'm getting
> the following warning; what does it mean?
>
>    warning: AC_PROG_CXX(CC g++ gcc) is m4_require'd but is not m4_defun'd
As the documentation clearly states, AC_REQUIRE expects a macro NAME;
that macro will then be called _without arguments_ if it has not already
been called.
So you want 'AC_REQUIRE([AC_PROG_CXX])'; in order to look only for
certain compilers, simply place the 'AC_PROG_CXX(CC g++ gcc)' call
before the AC_REQUIRE'ing macro in configure.ac.