Re: Linking C and Fortran code: problems with Compaq compilers

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Linking C and Fortran code: problems with Compaq compilers
Date: 18 Aug 2001 16:17:15 -0600

>>>>> "Steven" == Steven G Johnson <address@hidden> writes:

Steven> When linking a program that contains both C and Fortran source
Steven> files, automake uses the Fortran linker.  This causes some
Steven> difficulty with the Compaq compilers ('fort' and 'ccc') for
Steven> Alpha (Linux).

Steven> What is the right thing to do?

Of course I'd prefer the code in automake to remain simple :-).

I think if Fortran compilers differ, then we must test to see what the
actual Fortran compiler in use does.  This means autoconf must decide.

Tom