Re: passing configure options via AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: passing configure options via AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS
Date: 15 Aug 2001 11:48:49 +0200

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Martinolich <address@hidden> writes:

Paul> I have a configure.ac in which I conditionally configure
Paul> additional sources that have their own ./configure scripts.
Paul> Using AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS works great.  But, now I'd like to pass
Paul> some configure options that I don't use in my top-level
Paul> configure.  How can I pass these to the individual configure
Paul> scripts?

You mean, the top level configure, or the user?

Paul> The autoconf documentation indicates only that these
Paul> child-executions of ./configure will receive the same aguments
Paul> as the parent configure script.  Is there any way to change
Paul> these arguments?

In fact, you don't give enough hints on your needs for us to really
understand if the current Autoconf is enough, or if more is needed.

Could you be more specific?

In the meanwhile, looking at the handling of ac_configure_args should
give you some workaround.  But maybe your needs will end with a new
param to AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS to pass additional flags.