Re: FW: Problem with default config.cache

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: FW: Problem with default config.cache
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 00:40:12 +0100

On Friday 27 July 2001 3:34 pm, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
> It bounced first time so I recend it to autoconf list.
>
> > (This intentinally crossposted because I cannot decide if it is
> > autoconf or libtool problem; lftp is just a package where I hit this
> > bug).
> >
> > /tools/src/lftp-pre2.4.0-3/configure -C --prefix=/tools
> > --disable-nls LIBS='-lsocket -lnsl' CPPFLAGS=-DRESOLVER
> > updating cache config.cache
> > /tools/src/lftp-pre2.4.0-3/ltconfig: config.cache: not found
> > configure: error: libtool configure failed
> >
> > The reason is here (ltconfig):
> >
> > if test -n "$cache_file" && test -r "$cache_file" && test -f
> > "$cache_file"; then
> >   echo "loading cache $cache_file within ltconfig"
> >   . $cache_file
> > fi
> >
> > The problem is `.' command does search in PATH and of course does
> > not find cache file.

Why is it obvious?  `,' is also supposed to search the current directory.
Also the battery of tests in the guarding if command make really sure that
the file is there...  I guess you are saying that you have a shell that
doesn't search the current directory for `.'?

> > I am not sure if configure shuold set it to
> > ./config.cache or ltconfig prepend ./ if file name is not absolute.
> >
> > address@hidden ./ltconfig --version
> > ltconfig (GNU libtool) 1.4a (1.641.2.259 2001/06/04 19:32:47)

Ah, good.  Easy fix.  Use libtool-1.4 if you don't need multi-language-branch
features, ot libtool-1.4b if you do.  Neither of these versions have ltconfig
at all.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--