Autconf and Alpha architecture

From: Kostur, Andre
Subject: Autconf and Alpha architecture
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:53:03 -0700

I'm trying to build a Linux from Scratch system, but I'm having problems right after autoconf and automake are installed.  It seems that whenever autoconf tries to figure out the correct set of flags to use for enabling large file support, it seems to forget to put a "-D" in front of the preprocessor macro.  For example when configure tries to determine how to run the preprocessor, it executes the following:

gcc -E _POSIX_V6_LP64_OFF64 conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out

Of course gcc quite rightly tries to compile a file named "_POSIX_V6_LP64_OFF64" and fails.  I'm using autoconf v2.52 (also did the same with v2.50).

Ideas?  Help?