Re: GAFCOM CONCERNS

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: GAFCOM CONCERNS
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 18:39:49 -0400 (EDT)

> | Please don't copy your replies to the list.  Nobody here wants except the
> | original "poster" deserves your criticism.
>
> I think the original and multiple unsolicited messages and the umpteen
> automated replies are much more annoying than this person's comments.

... if procmail filters aren't used :-)

Anyway, your arguments are correct.  I can only add that the messages are
archived and the virus attaches a random document after byte 0x21800.
Not everybody wants to have his/her private documents archived forever at
mail.gnu.org.

> Would it be possible to apply recipes such as you suggest at the GNU
> mailing list server but instead of deleting them, bounce them to a
> moderator (or moderators) who could decide whether they should be
> posted?  If the moderator only has to deal with messages that look
> like junk, then it should not be too much work, or slow down the
> discussion much.

Try persuading address@hidden or address@hidden  I already
tried it without success.

--