Trying to run CVS autoconf and I get _m4_divert_diversion

From: Boyd Lynn Gerber
Subject: Trying to run CVS autoconf and I get _m4_divert_diversion
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:19:31 -0600 (MDT)

To whom it may concern,

I download the latest CVS and on MySQL-3.23.39 source.  I made a lot of
changes to configure.in and I want to generate a new configure.  I run
aclocal  no errors.  I then run autoconf and I get the message below.

 > autoconf
./aclocal.m4:332: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
acoldnames.m4:86: AM_PROG_INSTALL is expanded from...
./aclocal.m4:332: the top level

Could someone help.  I find this in the autoconf directory.  So I thought
a make install would add this macro.

./configure
make
make check
make install

and I still get this error.

Thanks for any help.

--
Boyd Gerber <address@hidden>
ZENEZ   3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044