AC_PROG_INSTALL and cross-compilation

From: David Burg
Subject: AC_PROG_INSTALL and cross-compilation
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:34:16 +0200

Hello,

Still working on cross-compilation. I have solve some portability trouble so
now it is compiling but there are linking trouble. The cause is that the
generated library are installed in the wrong path :

/usr/local/lib

instead of a path like /usr/local/target-cpu/lib

I know AC_PROG_INSTALL set the path where the files are installed, but does
this macro work with cross-compilation or not ?

In case I may have done an error before, my configure.in start like this :

AC_INIT(confdefs.h)

AC_CANONICAL_SYSTEM

AC_PROG_CC

AC_PROG_CPP

AC_PROG_CXX

AC_PROG_INSTALL

Note : this *is* 2.13 file, I do not use 2.50 because documentation on
www.gnu.org and on the autobook I have downloaded are both about 2.13 and
not about 2.50.

Is something wrong ? Should I use another macro than AC_PROG_INSTALL or
should I work on the path given by the macro to add the target-cpu to the
folder ?

Best regards,

David Burg.