Re: Fortran name-mangling scheme fails on HP-UX 11.11

From: Steven G. Johnson
Subject: Re: Fortran name-mangling scheme fails on HP-UX 11.11
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:27:20 -0400 (EDT)

This is actually a problem in AC_F77_LIBRARY_LDFLAGS, and may represent
the first general failure of the library detection scheme that we use.
Sigh..

If I correctly understand what you wrote, then your Fortran compiler
compiler passes the library paths to the "real" compiler by setting the
LPATH environment variable, not via the flags that we usually try to
detect.  Fortunately, however, the necessary information is still included
in the verbose (-v) compiler output:

> configure:1881: f90 -o conftest -g -v  conftest.f  >&5
> /opt/fortran90/lbin/f90com32 -noargov -cm -w90 -nbs -auto -WB
> -hp\"-Oq00,al,ag,cn,Lm,sz,Ic,vo,lc,mf,po,es,rs,sp,in,om,vc,pi,fa,pe,Rr,Fl,pa,nf,cp,lx,st,ap,Pg,ug,lu,lb,uj,dn,ap,rp,dp,fs,bp,wp,pc,mp\!,-Ubridge=debug,-Ubridge=compdir:/tmp_mnt/net/ravel/home/barbier/Projets/libutil/toto\$,-Ubridge=sourcefile:conftest.f\$\"
>  conftest.f
> conftest.f
>    program MAIN
>
> 3 Lines Compiled
> LPATH is:
> /opt/fortran90/lib/pa2.0/:/opt/fortran90/lib/:/usr/lib/:/opt/langtools/lib/

So, I guess the solution will be to parse the "LPATH is:" line and turn it
into a bunch of -L flags.  Can anyone see any pitfalls to this technique,
or a cleaner solution?

Steven