Re: AC_OUTPUT vs m4 nesting limit

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: AC_OUTPUT vs m4 nesting limit
Date: 15 Jun 2001 15:46:47 +0200

Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]
|> |
|> | That does not help, since AC_CONFIG_FILES just collects the files.  They
|> | are actually processed by AC_OUTPUT.
|>
|> Hm... but IIRC there is no M4 loop to output the code in AC_OUTPUT.
|> ISTR it was implemented via a diversion.

It is part of _AC_OUTPUT_CONFIG_STATUS:

AC_FOREACH([AC_File], AC_LIST_FILES,
[  'm4_patsubst(AC_File, [:.*])' )dnl
 CONFIG_FILES="$CONFIG_FILES AC_File" ;;
])dnl

|> Actually, the limit you might be hitting might be due to the macro
|> which checks that there are no duplicates :(

This can be worked around, because it only loops on the list actually
passed to AC_CONFIG_FILES.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
SuSE Labs                                        completely different."