Re: AC_FUNC_SETVBUF_REVERSED & cross-compiling

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: AC_FUNC_SETVBUF_REVERSED & cross-compiling
Date: 09 Jun 2001 20:18:29 +0200

>>>>> "Karl" == Karl Berry <address@hidden> writes:

Karl> I use AC_FUNC_SETVBUF_REVERSED, and autoconf -Wall says this
Karl> about it: configure.ac:61: warning: AC_RUN_IFELSE called without
Karl> default to allow cross compiling

Karl> I don't know if it can be fixed, but I thought I'd mention it.

Hi Karl!

Thanks for the message.  Well, I believe there is nothing we can do
here.  If someone has a suggestion to make, please, step forward.
Personally, I have no idea what to do.

Hm, or maybe in such cases we can map

#undef SETVBUF_REVERSED

#error "SETVBUF_REVERSED has to be set by hand"

in config.h?

We don't care about the portability of #error here, since we are
really asking for troubles.  I like this.  No idea how implementable
it is but...

The problem is that we are addressing only half of the problem: what
if configure was making choices other than AC_DEFINE?