Re: AS and ASFLAGS

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: AS and ASFLAGS
Date: 01 Jun 2001 15:26:52 +0200

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Boulton <address@hidden> writes:

Richard> Which works, but it a little unsatisfactory.  What would be
Richard> ideal is for autoconf to have macros to do this work:
Richard> AC_PROG_AS would seem the obvious name.

Yes/no.  I'd like to departure from AC_PROG_CC etc. and establish the

AC_LANG(C)
AC_LANG_COMPILER

approach.

But that's only details, we agree have an AC_LANG(Assembly) would be
most welcome.  I believe 2.52 will be the right time to move to this,
and to Fortran 90 too.