aclocal, include paths and the configure.in dependency

From: Juergen Hermann
Subject: aclocal, include paths and the configure.in dependency
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:45:36 +0200

Hi!

I have a problem with the rule in Makefile (generated from a
Makefile.am):

$(ACLOCAL_M4):  configure.in
        cd $(srcdir) && $(ACLOCAL)

In my bootstrap, I call aclocal with an include path:

aclocal -I /netsite/share/m4/autoconf

Now, when aclocal is called by the above Makefile rule, the include
path is NOT retained. The fix for this is currently to have the
following in configure.in, which I consider a hack:

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(pyDBLIB, ${PYDBLIB_REVISION})
AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h:config.h.in)
AC_PREFIX_DEFAULT($HOME/tmp/pyDBLIB)
dnl Hack for persistent include path
ACLOCAL="$ACLOCAL -I /netsite/share/m4/autoconf"

My proposal for a real fix would be an AC_LOCAL_M4_ARGS macro or
something similar.

Environment:
        SuSE 7.0
        Autoconf version 2.13