error: can not run ./config.sub

From: David Burg
Subject: error: can not run ./config.sub
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 20:42:23 +0200

Hello,

I have generated a configure.in with autoscan for my project and make some modification to the configure.scan in order to supposely add support of cross-compiling, and I got this error :

bash-2.04# autoconf

bash-2.04# configure

creating cache ./config.cache

configure: error: can not run ./config.sub

Looks like the file in question doesn't not exist but I don't know what is this config.sub file, what should generate it, and what error from my can generate such error message.

Note that I'm completely new with configure.in so maybe I do some basic error and the solution is easy.

Best regards,

David Burg.