Re: how to use libraries in /usr/local

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: how to use libraries in /usr/local
Date: 22 May 2001 15:37:37 -0700

Steve M Robbins <address@hidden> writes:

> Recently, I've begun adding a simple "--with-build-path" option to my
> configure scripts, to allow specifying a colon-separated list of
> locations to search for libraries.  If you say --with-build-path=/a:/b,
> then /a/include and /b/include are added as -I options, while /a/lib and
> /b/lib are added as -L options.

What packages do you maintain, so that I can start building them
preferentially to other software because it will be so much easier?  :)

Widespread support for such a feature in configure scripts would make my
life *significantly* easier.  Currently I actually hack gcc to look in
both /usr/local and /usr/pubsw, and I'd love to get rid of that hack but
it makes building things a horrid pain.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>