Autoconf 2.49e

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Autoconf 2.49e
Date: 20 Apr 2001 20:01:42 +0200

Autoconf 2.49e is available as

        ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.49e.tar.gz

The code is absolutely frozen, this is our release candidate.  We
still have much freedom on the documentation, of course.

Alexandre, if you still think we should branch now, please do.  Please
tell us what we should do afterwards :)

Comaintainers, please, don't touch Autoconf before Alexandre did it.

If someone thinks a wider announcement is needed, please, go ahead.

Please test it, stress it, torture it.

        Akim