Re: configuring for Java.

From: Keith Bostic
Subject: Re: configuring for Java.
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:19:01 -0400 (EDT)

>> Has anyone considered doing a package for Java similar to AC_PATH_X?
>> There are lots of different Java installations out there, and there
>> doesn't seem to be any one standard setup.  We'd be happy to help put
>> something together, if it's likely to make it into a release.
>
> Consider using Ant, see <http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/index.html>.  I
> don't particularly like its interface, but it seems to work okay.

This doesn't help -- it requires Java be available, and many
systems don't come with Java installed.  Further, I don't
think it does what I want, regardless -- I *like* autoconf,
I'm not looking to switch.

What I need is a way to build a component of a product that
happens to be written in Java, analogous to building a GUI
front-end if X is available and the user requests it.

--keith