Re: Release next week?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Release next week?
Date: 10 Apr 2001 14:50:24 +0200

Ralf> Akim Demaille wrote:
>> Let's flush all the documentation related patches, Lars' cleanups,
>> and target an actual release next week.

Ralf> I am in favor for letting autoconf-2.50 be preceeded by a at
Ralf> least 4 weeks long "code-freeze", "inevitable bug-fixes only"
Ralf> and "no new features/cleanups" phase. Releasing it next week
Ralf> would mean to push it, IMHO.

The thing is, we have already done this.  No real patch gets in.
Nobody complains about the betas.  And no one use them.  Let's face
it, the only means to have feedback on Autoconf is to release it and
be ready to release another one within a month.