Release next week?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Release next week?
Date: 10 Apr 2001 10:58:37 +0200

Well, I will disable the to-be-written chapter in the doc, I don't
have time to write it now, and I don't feel comfortable with using
Elf's material without his approval.

Let's flush all the documentation related patches, Lars' cleanups, and
target an actual release next week.

Alexandre, when we release Autoconf, could you make tag and make a
branch for bug fixes on 2.50?

I think 2.51 will probably be released soon afterwards.  Nonetheless,
I would like to introduce deep internal changes: introduce autom4te.
I'd like autom4te to be written in Perl, i.e., starting from 2.51,
Autoconf will require Perl, and the same Perl as Automake.  I don't
think this is a hard requirement today as anyway I don't think there
are many Autoconf-non-Automake projects today.

How does this sound?