Re: Autoconf 2.49d test: Command not found

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Autoconf 2.49d test: Command not found
Date: 21 Mar 2001 10:56:26 -0500

%% John Poltorak <address@hidden> writes:

  jp> It's a version of GNU Make ported to OS/2.

This is a bug in that version of GNU make, or in the port to OS/2 (not
sure).  If you have the source code, you want to do this:

Edit the file job.c.

Find the function construct_command_argv_internal().

In that function you'll see a bunch of different definitions of the
static char string sh_chars...  I'm not familiar with your port so I
can't say exactly how it will look, but you need to find the variable
sh_chars (or it might be sh_chars_sh on OS/2) that is compiled for your
version of GNU make.

Add the character ``:'' to that string.  Rebuild and see if that works.

Newer versions of GNU make actually are smart enough to handle ":" by
itself specially and not actually do anything at all, so this isn't
necessary.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/