Re: Running make for autoconf V2.13 with HP-UX 11.0

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Running make for autoconf V2.13 with HP-UX 11.0
Date: 26 Feb 2001 17:24:10 +0100

"Stevens, Paul (EDS)" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Ben,
>
> I guess you get mails like this all the time.

Nope.

> I am trying to build autoconf V2.13 for HP-UX 11.0

Ah, then this is the explanation of it all :)

> K:/arbor/data/BUSMARK_WORK_DATA/pstevens/autoconf-2.13> make
>         rm -f autoconf autoconf.tmp
>         sed -e 's,@''datadir''@,/usr/local/share/autoconf,g' -e
> 's,@''M4''@,/usr/ccs/bin/m4,g'  -e 's,@''AWK''@,awk,g'  -e
> 's,@''SHELL''@,/bin/sh,g' autoconf.sh > autoconf.tmp && chmod +x
> autoconf.tmp && mv autoconf.tmp autoconf
>         rm -f autoheader autoheader.tmp
>         sed -e 's,@''datadir''@,/usr/local/share/autoconf,g' -e
> 's,@''M4''@,/usr/ccs/bin/m4,g'  -e 's,@''AWK''@,awk,g'  -e
> 's,@''SHELL''@,/bin/sh,g' autoheader.sh > autoheader.tmp && chmod +x
> autoheader.tmp && mv autoheader.tmp autoheader
>         rm -f autoreconf autoreconf.tmp
>         sed -e 's,@''datadir''@,/usr/local/share/autoconf,g' -e
> 's,@''M4''@,/usr/ccs/bin/m4,g'  -e 's,@''AWK''@,awk,g'  -e
> 's,@''SHELL''@,/bin/sh,g' autoreconf.sh > autoreconf.tmp && chmod +x
> autoreconf.tmp && mv autoreconf.tmp autoreconf
>         rm -f autoupdate autoupdate.tmp
>         sed -e 's,@''datadir''@,/usr/local/share/autoconf,g' -e
> 's,@''M4''@,/usr/ccs/bin/m4,g'  -e 's,@''AWK''@,awk,g'  -e
> 's,@''SHELL''@,/bin/sh,g' autoupdate.sh > autoupdate.tmp && chmod +x
> autoupdate.tmp && mv autoupdate.tmp autoupdate
>         rm -f ifnames ifnames.tmp
>         sed -e 's,@''datadir''@,/usr/local/share/autoconf,g' -e
> 's,@''M4''@,/usr/ccs/bin/m4,g'  -e 's,@''AWK''@,awk,g'  -e
> 's,@''SHELL''@,/bin/sh,g' ifnames.sh > ifnames.tmp && chmod +x ifnames.tmp
> && mv ifnames.tmp ifnames
>         rm -f autoscan autoscan.tmp
>         sed -e 's,@''datadir''@,/usr/local/share/autoconf,g' -e
> 's,@''PERL''@,/opt/perl5/bin/perl,g' autoscan.pl > autoscan.tmp && chmod +x
> autoscan.tmp && mv autoscan.tmp autoscan
> *** Error exit code 1

Trying running these guys by hand, and see who fails, and why.  Or try
gmake if available on your system, usually it can given better hints.

And while we're at it, if I were you I would first install gmake, and
forget *for ever* about HP Make.  At least you've been warned :)