m4_unquote

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: m4_unquote
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:07:10 -0500 (EST)

Hello!

I tried to put some sanity checks to AT_DATA, but finally decided that
they are not worth the trouble.

However, this macro (m4_unquote) appeared in process and can be useful for
somebody. It was hard for me to write it (but it was a great exercize in
m4!). I'm not suggesting its inclusion to Autoconf, but maybe it could
become a part of an unofficial macro library.

Optionally I can add support for multiline strings. The idea is: add @eol@
at the end of lines (regexp), convert newlines to "@" (translit),
unquote, convert @eol@@ to newlines.

_________________________
# m4_unquote(STRING)
# Remove one pair of the quotes if they exist, but don't expand any
# macros even if they don't. Useful for checking validity of the
# arguments. This macro doesn't work properly with multiline arguments.
m4_define([m4_unquote],

Regards,
Pavel Roskin