Re: `configure --help' overwrites existing config.log

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: `configure --help' overwrites existing config.log
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 19:16:48 +0100

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 07:07:57PM +0100, Akim Demaille wrote:
: "Lars J. Aas" <address@hidden> writes:
: > The subject says it all.  I consider it a bug.
: > Is this easy to fix?
:
: Hm, on a second thought, now that AS_MESSAGE tests whether the LOG fd
: is set to output the message or not, it might be just as easy as
: moving the set up of the LOG fd :)

As long as the log stays the same it's great (but it looks to me like
moving the LOG_FD initialization will cause messages to be dropped from
the log).

Checking this behaviour probably qualifies for a case in the testsuite
too, once it's implemented.

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'