Re: Test suite is slow

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Test suite is slow
Date: 31 Jan 2001 18:40:24 +0100

>>>>> "adl" == Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> Does anybody knows a shell that would provide some means to
Akim> denunciates time consumers?

adl> You may want to look at the zsh/zprof module of Zsh.
adl> Unfortunately this does profiling on shell functions, so that
adl> might not be really suitable for the testsuite (unless you shake
adl> it a lot).

And Zsh (like ksh) hates our test suite.  Actually, I'm almost ready
to have the test suite exit prematurely if the shell is Zsh instead of
letting it swallow all the resources.  I guess it is trying to keep
the whole case/esac in memory.